Thursday, December 09, 2010

MY COUSIN ARNOLD

I previously wrote about the trouble that some folks have distinguishing Swartzendruber from Schwartzentruber, but in California, specifically LA LA Land, some folks did not see any particular difference between Swartzendruber and Schwarzenneger.  I often would go along with their confusion and say that Arnold was my cousin.  I also made the joking comment that when the Governor came up for re-election, I should join the ticket as a candidate for Lieutenant Governor.  A colleague passed this along to Roy Rivenburg at the LA Times who wrote:

Pepperdine professor Doug Swartzendruber has offered to run for lieutenant governor if Schwarzenegger wins, just so Californians can vote for a Schwarzenegger-Swartzendruber ticket.

The idea never really caught on :-)

No comments: