Friday, January 30, 2015

JOHNNY RIVERS

It has been a while since the last music post, so here is one that harks back a while - Johnny Rivers had some big songs in the 60's ad 70's, and although the music does not transport me back to a specific time or place, it does give me a feel-good nostalgic feeling for 'the days of our youth' as they say.  His string of hit singles was from 1964-1968, exactly when I was in college.  Here are two of my favorites.  Enjoy.


The background singing is ethereal




And here is one of Rhonda's favorites:



Addendum especially for Bizzy Brain!!



4 comments:

Bizzy Brain said...

Favorite is "Slow Dancin', Swayin' to the Music," the song the mother of my children and I danced to the night we first met. Sigh...

DES said...

Bizzy - check out the Addendum!!

Bizzy Brain said...

Many thanks, Sir! I really appreciate hearing that song once again!

DES said...

de nada - I had not thought of that tune for a long, long time, but like many of those oldies, the melody and the words come right back!