Tuesday, March 26, 2019

A BEAUTIFUL LIFE

 Hippy Bluegrass Church - eTown


This past weekend we attended the "Hippy Bluegrass Church" at eTown in Boulder.  Classic Planet Boulder with the message being "guilt free gospel" with one bluegrass song's refrain being "You go to your church, I'll go to mine."  Lots of good music, and here is one of my favorites tunes of the day, with a gospel and bluegrass version:






Each day I'll do a golden deed
By helping those who are in need
My life on earth is but a span
And so I'll do the best I can

Life's evening sun is sinking low
A few more days and I must go
To meet the deeds that I have done
Where there will be no setting sun

The only life that will endure
Is one that's kind and good and pure
And so for God I'll take my stand
Each day I'll lend a helping hand
Life's evening sun is sinking low
A few more days and I must go
To meet the deeds that I have done
Where there will be no setting sun

While going down life's weary road
I'll try to lift some traveler's load
I'll try to turn the night to day
Make flowers bloom along the way

Life's evening sun is sinking low
A few more days and I must go
To meet the deeds that I have done
Where there will be no setting sun

6 comments:

Bizzy Brain said...

Wow! The Florida Boys “A Beautiful Life” is a fantastic video! Wish churches could get back to that. Many thanks for posting!

Douglas E said...

BB - ain't that the truth. There are still some Mennonite and Churches of Christ congregations that can pull this off, but they are becoming fewer and further between.

Steve Heller said...

Whoever put the Florida Boys video together should be directing movies. It has the look and feel of a first class movie. Everything about it is superb - the camera work, the lighting, the sound, the costumes, the makeup, and especially the people!

Douglas E said...

Cuz - the video was uploaded in 2012, but looks to be much older than that. The group was founded in 1946. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Boys There are a lot of familiar faces in the "congregation" many from the Gaither videos.

Steve Heller said...

Bill Gaither, founder of the group, was born in Alexandria, Indiana and graduated from Anderson College. He majored in English and minored in music, taught for several years while doing music, but got to the point he couldn't do both so gave up the blackboard.

Douglas E said...

Interesting! Did not know that about the Gaithers.